Mental Health Issues in LGBTQ
- As the pride month comes to an end, let’s not forget the mental health challenges the LGBTQ individuals have to face.
- LGBTQ individuals are more than twice as likely as heterosexuals to have a mental health disorder in their lifetime.
- They are 2.5 times more likely to experience depression, anxiety, and substance misuse compared to heterosexual individuals.
- LGBTQ individuals have higher rates of mental health service use than their heterosexual counterparts.
- The rate of suicide attempts is four times in LGBTQ.
- LGBTQ older adults face a number of unique challenges, including the combination of anti-LGBTQ stigma and ageism.
- Being LGBTQ Is NOT a mental disorder and it does not imply any impairment in judgment, stability, reliability, or general social or vocational capabilities.
Counseling by LGBTQ friendly Psychiatrist
Do not suffer in silence. If you need help, ask for it. Call us, if you are experiencing any of these mental health issues
- Denial of Human right
- Sadness All The Time
- Mental Conflict
- Rejection By Friends & Family
- Worries About HIV Or STDs
- Feel No One Cares
Mind & Mood Clinic, Nagpur is dedicated to delivering excellent compassionate, inclusive, and equitable care to support all of our patients, including our diverse LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning) community. We are committed to providing behavioral health services for transgender and gender-diverse patients of all ages. For booking click here
Dr. Rameez Shaikh
LGBTQ Friendly Psychiatrist
MBBS, MD, MIPS
Dr. Rameez Shaikh (MBBS, MD, MIPS) is a consultant Psychiatrist & Psychotherapist in Nagpur and works at Mind & Mood Clinic. He believes that faith-based treatment, encompassing spiritual, physical, and mental health, will provide you with the long-lasting knowledge and tool to find happiness and wholeness again. In his spare time, he’s an aspiring singer and writer.