Stress is the body’s reaction triggered by the perception of danger – REAL OR IMAGINED. When you feel threatened, a chemical reaction occurs in your body that allows you to act in a way to survive serious and life-threatening situations. This reaction is known as the “Fight-Flight-Freeze” response. It’s a primitive part of your physical nature and can be triggered in a single INSTANT. Here’s how it works.
When faced with danger, your body will access the situation and determine which response – Fight, Flight, or Freeze – would give you the greatest chance of
survival, then acts on it!
- If the danger you’re facing looks weaker than you – you will go into FIGHT mode and try to defeat it.
- If the danger you’re facing looks stronger than you – but slower – you will go into FLIGHT mode and try to outrun it.
- If the danger you’re facing looks stronger and faster than you – you will FREEZE and hope the danger passes.
Fight Flight or Freeze
- The lion represents The FIGHT Response. The lion attacks when threatened, using its strength, teeth and claws to defend itself.
- The rabbit represents The FLIGHT Response. Using its speed and the power in his legs, the rabbit quickly hops away at the first sign of danger.
- The mouse represents The FREEZE Response. The mouse stays completely still in silence, while it waits for the danger to pass.
What I tell Myself When I Have an Intrusive Thought ( How to Stop Intrusive Thoughts)
- My brain is sending me FALSE messages.
- These messages are NOT facts. They are nothing more than THOUGHTS.
- I will NOT ACT on these thoughts or RESIST these thoughts. Doing so will make them stronger.
- These thoughts survive solely on MY REACTION, and I REFUSE to entertain them.
- Instead, I will acknowledge them, accept them, and simply LET THEM BE.
- I will do my best to RELAX and let them PASS.
- Every time an unwanted thought creeps up, I will greet it with the same RELAXED acceptance over and over, until it eventually goes away.
- I know that by removing my fear, these thoughts LOSE THEIR POWER and will drift away.
- I acknowledge HOW I am feeling in this very moment.
- I am strong and WILL get through this.
- This feeling WON’T last forever.
- I have felt this way before and NOTHING bad happened.
- I get STRONGER each time I ignore these thoughts.
- I will NOT give them power over me.
- I may not be able to control my thoughts but I CAN control how I RESPOND.
- This is tough, but SO AM I.
- I release ALL doubts and fears and invite PEACE and CALM into my life.
- All I need is within ME.
- I AM SAFE.
Stress Treatment in Nagpur
Mind & Mood Clinic, Nagpur is specialized clinic for mental Health Problem. Provides treatment for anxiety, depression, panic attack, anger management, stress management, counseling, therapy, etc at Anjuman Complex, Sadar, Nagpur, Maharashtra. Also, we provide others services such as, – EAP Counseling – Online Counseling – Home Counseling – Biofeedback – Neurofeedback – Direct Cranial Stimulation – RTMS – ECT – Psychotherapy – Child psychiatry – Clinical psychology. Who we care for: – Experiencing any signs of mental illness. – Suicidal thoughts. – Bipolar Disorder– Self-harming attempt. – Psychotic episode. – Feeling out of control. All these treatments and therapies are carried out and performed by well-trained plus qualified professionals, reach us @ + 91 8208823738
Dr. Rameez Shaikh (MBBS, MD, MIPS) is a consultant Psychiatrist & Psychotherapist in Nagpur and works at Mind & Mood Clinic. He believes that faith-based treatment, encompassing spiritual, physical, and mental health, will provide you with the long-lasting knowledge and tool to find happiness and wholeness again. In his spare time, he’s an aspiring singer and writer.