Mind & Mood Clinic, Nagpur is pleased to provide our patients a comprehensive sexual health treatment.
Our doctors are all extensively trained in sexual health, from STI identification, men’s health, and other sexual wellness problems.
Female Sexual Problems Symtoms
Depending on the sort of sexual dysfunction you’re dealing with, you’ll notice different symptoms:
- Low Sexual Desire : This is the most frequent female sexual dysfunction, characterised by a lack of sexual desire and willingness to engage in sexual activity.
- Sexual arousal disorder : You may have a strong desire for sex, but you struggle with arousal or are unable to achieve or sustain excitement during sexual activity.
- Orgasmic disorder: After significant sexual arousal and sustained stimulation, you experience persistent or recurring trouble attaining orgasm.
- Sexual pain disorder : You experience discomfort as a result of sexual stimulation or vaginal touch.
Non Medical Treatment for Female sexual dysfunction
Your doctor may suggest that you begin with the following ways to cure sexual dysfunction:
- Talk and listen to each other. It makes a huge difference in your sexual happiness if you and your spouse communicate openly. Even if you’re not used to discussing your likes and dislikes, learning to do so and offering feedback in a nonthreatening manner opens the door to greater connection.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Drinking too much alcohol might make you less sexually receptive. Regular physical exercise may improve your stamina and brighten your mood, which can enhance love sentiments. Learn how to manage stress so you can concentrate on and enjoy your sexual encounters.
- Seek professional help. Consult a Sexologist or counsellor who specialises in sexual and relationship issues. Education about how to improve your body’s sexual response, techniques to improve intimacy with your spouse, and recommendations for reading materials or couples exercises are all common topics in therapy.
- Make use of lubrication. If you suffer vaginal dryness or soreness during sex, a vaginal lubricant may be beneficial.
- Make use of a gadget. Stimulation of the clitoris can increase arousal. To provide clitoral stimulation, use a vibrator.
Medical Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction
Treating sexual dysfunction effectively frequently necessitates treating an underlying medical problem or hormonal shift. Your doctor may advise you to stop taking a medication or start taking a new one. The following are some possible remedies for female sexual dysfunction:
- Estrogen treatment is a type of hormone replacement therapy. A vaginal ring, cream, or pill can be used for localised oestrogen treatment. This therapy improves sexual function by boosting vaginal blood flow, promoting lubrication, and improving vaginal tone and suppleness.
- Ospemifene : This drug works by modulating oestrogen receptors selectively. It aids ladies with vulvovaginal atrophy in reducing discomfort during intercourse.
- Androgen therapy : Testosterone is an androgen. Testosterone is important for optimal sexual function in both men and women, while testosterone levels in women are substantially lower.
- Flibanserin : The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorised flibanserin as a therapy for reduced sexual desire in premenopausal women. It was originally designed as an antidepressant.
- Bremelanotide: Another FDA-approved medication for reduced sexual desire in premenopausal women is bremelanotide. This medicine is given as an injection just beneath the skin in the belly or thigh before sexual activity.
Female Sexual Problem Treatment at Mind & Mood Clinic, Nagpur
Dr. Rameez Shaikh, MD is Consultant Psychiatris and Sexologist in Nagpur. He is Cerified Sex Therapist and Counsellor from Mumbai and Provides Treatment for Female Sexual Problems through Online as well on OPD basis.
Dr. Rameez Shaikh (MBBS, MD, MIPS) is a consultant Psychiatrist & Psychotherapist in Nagpur and works at Mind & Mood Clinic. He believes that faith-based treatment, encompassing spiritual, physical, and mental health, will provide you with the long-lasting knowledge and tool to find happiness and wholeness again. In his spare time, he’s an aspiring singer and writer.