Generalized ( General ) Anxiety Disorder is basically exaggerated worrying, nervousness, and tension about daily life events. It is more common in females than males and the usual age of onset is 35-40 years of age.
What are the Symptoms of General Anxiety Disorder :
- Exaggerated worry and nervousness
- Getting easily panicked
- Difficulty to concentrate
- Heaviness of Head
- Restlessness ( Ghabrahat)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid Heart Beat
General anxiety disorder treatment plan (जनरल एंग्जायटी डिसऑर्डर ट्रीटमेंट):
We need to evaluate the symptoms and classify them under mild, moderate, or severe anxiety symptoms. If the symptoms are mild, anxiety can be treated with psychotherapy such as CBT ( Cognitive behavior Therapy) but if the symptoms are moderate to severe, medication with psychotherapy is advisable.
General anxiety disorder treatment natural :
Psychotherapy: Involves talking with a therapist.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): Helps in changing negative or unhelpful thought and behavior patterns. It can be done in groups or individually.
Foods to eat:
√ Eat healthy, balanced meals
√ Drink plenty of fluids
Foods to avoid:
⊗ Caffeine products
General anxiety disorder treatment medication :
- Antidepressants. First-line medication includes medications in selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) such as escitalopram (Nexito, Cilapam, Rexipra, Stalopam, Feliz- S) and paroxetine ( Pari CR, Paxidep, XET) and serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRI) classes such as duloxetine, venlafaxine( Veniz, Venlor). Your doctor also may recommend other classes of antidepressants.
- Buspirone. It is an anti-anxiety medication. As with most antidepressants, it typically takes up to several weeks to become fully effective.
- Benzodiazepines: These are sedatives and are generally used only for relieving anxiety on a short-term basis.
Mind & Mood Clinic, Nagpur is a specialty clinic for neuropsychiatry and deaddiction services. We provide online consultation as well due to the CoronaVirus pandemic. Consult our Experienced Psychiatrist & Psychotherapist for anxiety disorder.
This is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment,. This information is just for awareness of mental health problems. Consult your nearest Psychiatrist for detailed assessment and management.
Dr. Rameez Shaikh (MBBS, MD, MIPS) is a consultant Psychiatrist & Psychotherapist in Nagpur and works at Mind & Mood Clinic. He believes that faith-based treatment, encompassing spiritual, physical, and mental health, will provide you with the long-lasting knowledge and tool to find happiness and wholeness again. In his spare time, he’s an aspiring singer and writer.